FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
SSL & PAYMENT
Q. I noticed that your site doesn’t have SSL (Secure Sockets Layer). Because of that I am not comfortable placing an order through the site. Can I just email you what I want and send you the money directly through PayPal?
A. The Stitching Yarns website does not process payments directly. The only information that the website asks for is your address to help determine shipping and to let me know where I am sending things to. After that it directs directly to PayPal which is 100% secure. If you still aren’t comfortable with using the site to place orders you can email me your order at email@example.com and I will send you a PayPal invoice for your order.
SHIPPING & DELIVERY TIME
Q. It seems like people charge a lot for shipping, especially if it’s international. What are your shipping fees?
A. I gave this a lot of thought. In the past I have used the USPS online shipping calculator and given someone a shipping price only to get to the post office and find out that it was going to be more. Sometimes a lot more. I also don’t want anyone to have surprises based on shipping. Both domestic (inside the US) and International mail is shipped first class.
- Under 2 lbs (.9 kg) – Chances are your package isn’t going to weigh more than 2 lbs. Yarn is weighed in ounces/grams and 2 lbs is quite a bit of yarn. You would be surprised how much yarn.
- Domestic – Shipping under 2 lbs is free and comes with a tracking number.
- International – Flate rate of $14.75. Comes with tracking/customs number. Your order will be placed in a padded envelope to keeping shipping rates as cheap as possible.
- Over 2 lbs –
- Domestic – Contact me for first class prices
- International – This is where things get expensive. Anything over 2 lbs the US Postal Service requires priority shipping. It is also cheaper to use their flat rate boxes. The cost is $43.95 and I can ship up to 20 lbs (9kg) in one of those boxes. Comes with tracking/customs number.
- Quicker shipping – I do offer priority and express shipping if you need something quicker than first class. Please contact me for prices.
Q. How long does it take to get my order?
A. It can take me up to 2-3 days to get something in the mail, especially if it something that needs made. I don’t have a lot of room to keep a lot of stock on hand. Once things reach the post office, for domestic mail it takes about 4 days. So expect around 7 business days, give or take a couple days. International mail is a bit trickier to predict. Depending on where something is going it could take anywhere from a week to a month to arrive. This is why I provide tracking numbers, where you can keep track of your package.
Q. Do you do custom orders?
A. I would love to do custom orders for everyone that wants one. There are so many cool things out there that you can only buy patterns for and that doesn’t help those who don’t crochet. My policy on custom orders is message me and ask. I do have some reasonable stipulations that I ask people to follow.
- Do not ask me to create something you describe. It’s just not going to happen. It’s not an easy process and we will both end up annoyed.
- Do not ask me to make something that is already on the site out of a yarn that I do not offer. Things like bamboo, silk, alpaca, and wool tend to be expensive, and don’t even get me started on that nearly one of a kind hand dyed yarn. The only exception that I will make for this policy is to accommodate special medical issues. However, there will be a price difference to cover the cost of materials.
- If you find a pattern for something that you want made and can’t find someone that offers it. Drop me an email and include a link to the pattern and we can discuss it. Things that will decide if I will take on the project is size (afghans take a month or more to make depending on size and detail), the number of orders I have at the time, and my health. If I need to purchase the pattern that cost will be added into the price of your item. A deposit will also be required to cover the cost of supplies.